2.29.2012

Hey Hey I'm a Monkee

When I heard the news today about Davy Jones passing I was so sad. I remember growing up and watching the Monkees on TV with my nephew. We always did the "Monkee walk" into rooms and sang their songs.

Of course Davy was my fave! I think it was because he was short like me. I even learned to play the tambourine because of him. You might think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I play a mean tambourine. So if your band needs one, call me up and we can do a little jam session.

Also I loved, LOVED when he was on the Brady Bunch show and sang Girl.  (Insert dreamy eyes here)

I should mention the the hubs corrected me and said I grew up watching the "re-runs" of these TV shows. Which until he pointed that out, I never thought about it. So course now I started thinking about it. I guess that's why I was "that girl" in school. I was wearing the fads of my fave shows. I was a child of the 80's dressing like I was in the 60's & 70's. Oh well. At least I dressed like Marcia Brady and not Jan and that makes me feel a little better.

I'm going to go listen to my Monkees Greatest Hits now.


No comments:

Post a Comment