2.15.2012

Chicken Coop

The last couple of months I've really been wanting a chicken coop. I'm not wanting a brood of hens in my backyard, just two cute egg producing hens. 


I've even already named them Laverne and Shirley. Or if I got a rooster and a hen, they would be called Captain and Tennille. Although I think Tennille would be lonely and need a best friend, so I would have to get a second hen and I would name her Mrs Clucksworth. (She's the town gossip)


But now thinking about it, wouldn't Mrs Cluckworth (who's a widow) needs a nemesis or perhaps a emo daughter.....and then it dawns on me. Perhaps my husband is correct and this could quickly snowball out of control. I just wanted 2 hens and now it has gone up to 30. And yes I already have names for them all.


So after researching my city's codes on farm animals in a urban neighborhood and then searching for a fashionable coop, I realized something. I don't even really like eating eggs.


I'm sadden not to be getting chickens, but I'm looking on the bright side. No chicken coop, means extra room for my (soon to be) Alpaca farm!!   


I bet my hubby will be happy with my new idea.




Norman & I in Idaho










No comments:

Post a Comment