2.12.2012

Whitney Houston


It's odd to think that just last weekend we were talking about her performance at the Super bowl and how they should just show that every year instead of these talentless recording "stars" who forget the lyrics to the anthem or just lip sync.

While my husband and I were discussing this at the dinner table, the Wee P (who is 11) spoke up and asked who Whitney Houston was.
*GASP*
Random thoughts that went thru my head: Did he really just say that? God we're old! Can I ground him for that? Where's my Bodyguard soundtrack?
Anyways, we told him who she was, but I don't think he was too impressed. Sadly, we didn't have time to turn any Whitney on because the game was about to start and we just forgot about it untill today.
I grew up listening to her and I loved her music. I remember many slumber parties where my friends and I danced around the room singing "I wanna dance with somebody".
Sadly, drugs got in the way of her career.

Rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment