2.16.2012

Those pesky rewards cards

Anyone who knows me knows I love a discount. So of course I have a plethora of those discount/reward cards to a bunch of different stores. Well the problem is, I hate carrying them around in my wallet and I hate how they clutter up my key chain. What’s a girl to do?

Answer is.... use today’s awesome technology!

I take pictures of my cards and store them in a folder on my phone. When I need a card, I open up my "Shopping cards" album and then they scan it. I've done this at many stores, but to name a couple to give you an idea would be Sephora, Ikea, Michael's, Albertsons, Petsmart and never have had any problems. Most the employees even tell me what an ingenious idea it is.

This makes it easy for me, when I'm going out with friends and don't want to carry my purse or keys around. I always have my phone with me, so that being said I always have my reward cards with me.


*Note: make sure you get a clear image and the light is bright. Natural light is the best. If for any reason they cannot read the card and you have an iPhone, simply enlarge the pic. I had to do that at Ikea once. If it doesn't scan have no fear. Your image shows the bar code number and they can key it in.

Hope this little tip helps.


<><> <><> <><>
Before


After

No comments:

Post a Comment