2.27.2012

J&D Lushie

One of my fave things growing up were slushies. I then began thinking of how to combine my favorite drink growing up with a drink I occasionally like to drink now.

Introducing the "Lushie" (patent pending)

Things you'll need:

12oz Coke in a plastic bottle
1 shot of Jack Daniels

Ready, set, go.

You'll want to freeze your soda. I put my mine in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. Once you remove it from the freeze, push on the bottle and try to get the ice to move around. Run under a hot tap for 1 minute and keep turning the bottle. Then let stand for 5 minutes.

When removing the lid, do it slowly AND over a sink. Keep the bottle tilted downward or at an angle. There will be spillage, depending on how you hold the bottle will be the deciding factor on the mess you'll make. Mine just shot out a little and into the sink. The key is removing the lid slowly. You'll get the feel for it.

Fill up your cup with the slushie Coke and then pour 1 shot of the JD over it. Insert straw and enjoy.

My other flavored Lushie's are:

Hawaiian Punch with Malibu rum
Sprite with Dragonfruit rum & 1T grenadine poured on the top
Cherry 7-Up with Cherry rum
Cherry Coke with Amaretto
Root beer with Vanilla vodka
Orange Fanta (or OJ) with Pinnacle Whip Cream vodka

Great for summer months or in the winter. Which is when I crave cold drinks. I'm a total oddball!

Of course.....If you are super lazy, you can go get a slushie at 7/11.



No comments:

Post a Comment