2.14.2012

My Ikea story

The other day after work I went to Ikea. It was a run in and out shopping trip....if you can say run in and out about Ikea.


Anyways, after I finished shopping I stood in line at their self check-out. If you've been at Ikea you know they have four self check registers. Two on each side, with a divider so you know what line you are in.


Well the front register opened up and I walked forward. As I was doing so, the register closest to me had a family and some little girls dancing around. The little girl stepped out in front of me so I steered my basket to the left to avoid hitting her. As I walked to towards MY register the guy behind me grabbed my coat and yanked me back, almost making me fall. In fact if I didn't have a hold of the shopping cart, I would've went down.


The guy then said "This girl is trying to line butt me." I was really impressed how fast the Ikea employees were by my side. I turned around and started yelling at this complete douche, the whole time he kept a death grip on my arm.


His wife then pointed out that I wasn't line butting but going to my register on my side. The guy was in shock that "THIS GIRL" gave him a very embarrassing verbal backlash. I grabbed my arm away from him and moved forward. He then said to his wife "She just called me a fucknut!" His wife's reply was "Well, you are acting like one. Now shut-up".


I'm glad and sad that my hubby wasn't there.  I would've loved to see him knock him on his ass!


But in all seriousness, what gives people the right to touch or grab complete strangers?

No comments:

Post a Comment