4.13.2012

Yogurt Ambrosia Salad

Growing up I use to love Ambrosia salad. I mean HELLO....marshmallow salad? Yes please!

Well now being a grown up & trying to eat healthier, I do a twist on a classic favorite & my family thinks its way better then the original.  This is a great side dish for the warmer weather. This is a yummy & naturally sweet salad. Most times I serve it as a dessert.

Things you need:
- 2 Ambrosia apples cored & cubed
- 2 Kiwi's peeled & chopped
- 1/2 t grated orange peel
- 1 orange-  peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 individual sized container vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup flaked sweeten coconut

Easy assemble steps:
Combine all fruit, zest & coconut in a medium bowl - Fold in yogurt - Serve immediately or refrigerate so the flavors can blend together.

**NOTE**
I use vanilla bean yogurt. As much as I love greek yogurt, its a little to thick for this recipe. You can add in nuts, like the original salad has in it. I top mine with pecans, its just not pictured.

If Honeycrisp apples are in season I highly recommend using them.









No comments:

Post a Comment