7.03.2012

Spinach smoothies

I think Popeye would be really proud of me for having a spinach smoothie every morning.

Now this is just a different variation of the Green Monster smoothie....which is all greens. This is more fruit and so delicious.

Here's my suggested ingredients:

-2 cups spinach (or 1 large handful)
-2 cups berry mix (fresh or frozen)
-1 cup mint green tea (or water)
-1 banana


Start with the spinach and juice in the blender - Blend till liquid - Add in berries -  Blend some more, and then add in the banana - Pour into mason jar or molds & enjoy.

My picky 11 year old will drink these and finds them delicious....SCORE! They freeze very well so start using those popsicle molds and trick your little ones into eating the fruits and veggies.

I was telling my GYNO about these and she had me write down all the stuff I use because she is having a hard time getting her kids to eat veggies.

Other suggestions are:
-2 cups pineapple
-1 banana
-1/4 cup shredded coconut

-2 cups pineapple
-2 medium peaches
-1 cup OJ

-1 cup strawberries
-1 banana
- 1 cup OJ

-1 banana
-1 pear
-1 mango
-1 cup OJ

-2 cups blueberries
-1 banana
-1 cup OJ

I have lots of other variations, but I really don't write them down. I just grab random fruit and toss it in. These just happen to be my top favorite ones. Greek yogurt is also very yummy.







This is pineapple, banana, and 2 peaches







No comments:

Post a Comment