7.27.2012

Scuba diving = death?

Alright, I'm deathly afraid of water! Although I took swim lessons growing up I never did jump off the high board.

Now I can swim, but I get scared and panic when I can't see what's below me. (blame Lake Powell, minnows, catfish and the movie Jaws)

Now my hubby knows water isn't my friend but yet he seems to plan water activities. He got us a deal on Groupon for an introductory scuba lesson. Although he's certified it's been years since he went diving and he wanted the practice and is going to get re-certified.

We got the Wee One, The Hubs, Itty Adams, MeShell and myself a pass. I guess if I'm going to drown I want my friends close to me. We listened to the instructor, took a test and got our gear and headed to the pool. Us girls had to put on extra weights because of our boobs and their buoyancy.

The breathing wasn't hard for me although others had issues with it. I couldn't figure out how to clean out the water from my mask while underwater, but it turns out I was doing it wrong once corrected it was easy peasy.

Now I'm going to be honest, it wasn't that bad. Being underwater and being able to breath was surreal. I went to the deep end, but I didn't ever go to far from the wall. (still nervous)

I had a blast and would for sure would do it again.....in a pool. The ocean, not so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment