9.10.2012

Sorry for slacking!


We have been extremely busy at our house with projects and therefore I’ve been slacking with my blog.

Our home is a rambler and as of right now we just live in the upstairs half. The basement is for laundry and storage.

A couple of weeks ago, the Wee P asked when we would be finishing downstairs because he wanted to move downstairs. Currently he’s upstairs in what will be the guest room and even though it’s a rather huge room, his room downstairs is another master bedroom and he’ll have tons more room….to make a mess in.
 
So we decided even though we wouldn’t be completely finishing the whole basement we would at least start work on his room. Here are some things you should know about the basement. It is fully finished. When we moved in 3 years ago we removed all the carpet from down there. Envision 2 inch orange shag carpeting. Lovely, right? Now picture dark wood paneling all along the walls, are you getting the idea why we don’t use this space?

The wee one picked his room color and it’s quite lovely. It’s a true blue. He also picked his carpet. Because we went thru Home Depot we decided to carpet his room, laundry room and the downstairs sitting area as well. We held off on doing the soon to be theatre room. That will still be used as our storage room, until we finish building and adding shelves in what is actually the storage room.

After I painted his bedroom, I decided to redo my laundry/mud room. I wanted a retro look so I picked a light teal paint color. I will soon be adding some bold color down there, but you’ll have to wait for another blog posting to see what that is. J

I decided to keep the one piece of wood panel in this area because again I wanted a retro feel. I primed it and paint all the walls but one. I did a semi-white gloss on that. I will soon be adding wood flooring to the section of area where the washer and dryer go.

While I was still in the middle of painting the laundry room, I decided I wanted to work on the wee ones bathroom. Right now it has an old 80’s sink and toilet. We pulled that out and the flooring. We bought a lovely redwood flooring and I’m excited to lie that down. At this point we kept the paneling up because this will be pulled down and replaced when we do the whole basement, (other than the bedroom & laundry room).

 I'll keep you updated with some more pictures soon.

 
  


 
We picked the color "Spa"

No comments:

Post a Comment